Monday 31 December 2012

Digital painting attempts

I thought I'd give this a proper go because it's always good to have as many techniques under your belt as possible. I normally stick with block colour and cartoons, partly because that's how I like my images and partly because I can't digital paint! Anyway, I found a thread that was quite useful for absolute beginners and, surprise surprise, still life was where to start. I hated still life before and I hate it still, which I suppose is why my tomato ended up with a grumpy face on it. There is SO much room for improvement but I actually like the thicker strokes, I think they could like nice with a different brush so that's something to think about. The leaves on the top are terrible but by the time it came to doing those bits I was getting hungry and losing interest. I'll definitely continue trying these things though!



No comments:

Post a Comment